Monday, July 6, 2009

If he builds it, will they come?


As I entered the new track called Shangri-la II I could only wonder, if he builds it will they come?

Opening weekend and no more than 12 cars per class, odd for such a nice facility until you realize that no one there or anywhere near there had ever raced on cement!

Add in that opening day was the middle of every racers season at other tracks and you can understand the short fields.That plus word of mouth had circulated that the track would never be ready in time.

Guess what, it was done enough to schedule a FULL weekend of racing.

http://jaws17.zenfolio.com/p158924764

Track owner George Swansborough will have to add more seating, lights, a full PA stsyem, finish some paving and the fence, more permanent bath rooms and oh yes garbage cans and you will have a first rate facility. Word on the street is there will be foam blocks in place shortly, a welcome saftey addition to keep the drivers safe.

I for one will be back as soon as I can, 4+ hours drive from home will limit visits but for an ROC or WMT race I think I would be there in a heartbeat and I would not be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment