Monday, July 6, 2009

Shangri-La II Welcome!!

Well its about 24 hours since I was heading down a dust road near Tioga NY feeling very good about the future of a new race track.



Shangri-La II is now open for business.



Now the racing was OK, the track is still not finished and they need more cars to help fill the pits and stands every week, but it was a very good start.



I arrived so late there were only 3 races left but I enjoyed every minute.



As I arrived I was pleasantly surprised that the stands were full of race fans taking in the track ,racing and some beautiful weather. It was pretty quiet except the drag racing going on up the hill. 9 Street Stocks were lined up waiting for their last race of the day, the fans who filled the stands sat patiently for the next race as the track announcer kept them entertained.



After the Street Stocks ran their race up next was what I came for, the ground pounding modifides

No comments:

Post a Comment